Church of The Sacred Heart of Jesus

Category: Temples

sacred heart church
In the year 1895, the then Archbishop Mgr.Gandhi consecrated the Archdiocese of Pondicherry to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. He wished to build a new church in devotion of Sacred Heart of Jesus. Rev.Fr. Telesphore Welter, the parish priest of Nellithope prepared the building plan and parish priest of Cathedral Rev.Fr.Fourcaud commenced the construction of the new church in 1902 at the Southern side of Pondicherry.

Related Articles